Friday, March 21, 2008

Update from Manhattan

I can't believe it's still snowing in some places! There's a big old snow front sweeping across the Great Lakes right now. Apparently this 'clipper' system, as it's called, will have no impact on the already flooded region. But if you ask me, I say it's sort of insult to injury.


When all is said and done, expect a nice dusting of snow to accumulate from Illinois to Central Penn. Photo courtesy of NASA.

Oh, btw. I'm new here. I also live in Brooklyn but work in Manhattan. I was brought on-board for some geographic diversity. Expect late breaking weather news from The West to come from this bureau.

This weekend should be kind of kick ass. I mean, considering you probably don't live in the Midwest. This last explosion of snow(?) is due to fizzle out before it has a chance to touch us on the Eastern Seaboard. Expect a lot of outdoor time. Spring jackets all around.

As much as it may FEEL like Summer is on the way, I've been holding out on planting things in my garden so far, and I would advise the same for anyone else until at least April 1st. I know. I know. But keep an eye on those forecasted lows. Annuals can get freezer burn!

No comments: